SHARE, the Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe, is a research infrastructure for studying the effects of health, social, economic and environmental policies over the life-course of European citizens and beyond. From 2004 until today, 480,000 in-depth interviews with 140,000 people aged 50 or older from 28 European countries and Israel have been conducted. SHARE-ERIC, the legal entity of SHARE, opened a search for the position of
International Coordinator (full time, m/f/d)
to be filled as early as possible in 2022.
- Lead and represent the SHARE central coordination team (SHARE Central) of about 35 staff
- Coordinate the management of SHARE across all participating countries during all phases of the survey
- Be member of the SHARE-ERIC Management Board, which makes all strategic decisions about SHARE
- Together with the Managing Director of SHARE-ERIC, be responsible for the scientific, methodological and financial development of SHARE
- Develop overall project schedule together with operative staff, coordinate project management across all departments of SHARE Central
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders for fund raising, oversee research grant applications and progress reporting
- Ensure effective communication between all international project partners
- Identify bottlenecks and clarify responsibilities between SHARE Central, the SHARE country teams, the questionnaire development teams, auxiliary units such as software development, and survey agencies
- Advance the survey methodology of SHARE to a multi-mode facility with flexible interview frequencies
- Pursue your own research agenda
You are expected to have:
- An excellent scientific record, proven by a Ph.D. and top-ranked publications, in economics, social sciences, public health or psychology
- Several years of expertise in managing a probability-based large-scale social or multi-disciplinary survey in a top position; ideally experience with cross-national and/or panel surveys
- Experience with, or willingness to learn, the administrative and financial regulations applying to EU-funded research
- A successful record of research grant applications
- Team player mentality, service-orientation to the pan-European SHARE user community, and strong cross-cultural communication and diplomatic skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English. Knowledge of German will be helpful.
The remuneration depends on the applicant’s qualifications and is calculated according to the collective agreement for the German civil service (grade E15) or professor positions (W2 or W3). Social benefits are granted in accordance with the regulations of the civil service. Place of employment will be Berlin. SHARE-ERIC offers a diverse, international, flexible and stimulating work environment and provides equal opportunities for all genders, including persons with disabilities, from all cultural backgrounds and ethnic origins.
Please submit a complete application in one single pdf file (cover letter with a vision of your future work, CV, copies of degrees and certificates, list of publications) to Andrea Oepen (oepen(at)mea.mpisoc.mpg.de).
Deadline for applications is 10th November 2021.