Web analytics and cookies
We aim at making your visit on our website as convenient and as pleasant as possible. In order to achieve this aim, analysis of statistical information relating to the use of our website by visitors and the collection of technical details on their web browsers and computers is very helpful.
A cookie is a small text file with an ID tag that is stored in your computer's browser directory or in its program data subfolders when visiting a website. This text file stores information that can be read by the website when visiting it again at a later date. Please note that none of the cookies used for our website can be used to identify you personally.
In order to protect your privacy, Piwik is set to automatically anonymise visitor's IP addresses and merely assigns unique web analytics cookie identification numbers to their computers. Storage and analysis of data only takes place on a Piwik server that is operated by the Max Planck Society, which is the host institution of SHARE-ERIC.
Of course, you may, nevertheless, decline the collection and analysis of data on this website.
How to opt out from being tracked
You have the following options to decline the collection of data via Piwik on this website:
- You can activate your browser's Do Not Track setting. As long as this setting is active our Piwik server will not record any data about you. Please note that the Do Not Track only applies for the specific computer and the specific browser in which you activate the setting.
- To deny cookie usage in general, you can block acceptance of cookies for a certain website or all websites in the preferences of the browser. Please note that this setting only applies for the specific computer and the specific browser in which you activate the setting.
- You can use our opt-out function. I.e., you can click the box below to stop the collection of data or to activate it again. As long as the box is deactivated, our central Piwik server will not record any data about your visits. Please note: For the opt-out function we need to store a special opt-out cookie in your browser. If you clear your cookies, delete the opt-out cookie or use another computer or browser, you will need to perform the opt-out procedure again.
Data collected by Piwik
If you have not declined the data collection, the following data are being recorded by our Piwik server and are included in the website use statistics:
- Anonymised (i.e., shortened) IP address
- Unique web analytics cookie identification number
- The previously visited URL (referrer), insofar as it has been transmitted by your browser
- Name and version of your operating system
- Name, version and language settings of your browser
- URLs visited in this website
- Time stamps of visits
- Types of HTML requests
- Screen resolution and colour depth
- Technical processes and formats supported by your browser (e.g. cookies, Java, Flash, PDF, WindowsMedia, QuickTime, RealPlayer, Director, SilverLight, Google Gears)
Application log files
For technical reasons, our servers and applications save personal details upon your visit to our websites in their log files. However, these data are only used for the immediate provision of our services, for troubleshooting purposes or for attack prevention and will be deleted automatically after a short period of time.
The following data are saved temporarily:
- Your IP address
- Date and time of your website visit
- The address of the website visited
- The address of the previously visited website (referrer)
- Name and version of your browser / operating system (insofar as it has been transmitted by your browser)
These data are not linked with data from other sources.
Newsletter and SHARE User Support
If you have decided to subscribe to the SHARE newsletter or to contact the SHARE User Support the required personal data are stored. As a rule, this includes your email address, first and last names as well as other data needed to deliver the newsletter or to respond to your inquiries. Your data are used only in order to provide you with the desired offer to your satisfaction and in order to respond to your inquiries.
The SHARE newsletter is issued several times a year via email to provide an overview of activities across the project and comprises a central newsletter published by the central SHARE Coordination Team and, where available, a national newsletter published by the respective national SHARE Country Teams. By subscribing for the SHARE newsletter you agree to receive these emails.
If you wish to cancel your subscription to the SHARE newsletter, you can send us an email with the subject "Unsubscribe SHARE newsletter". Unsubscribing is possible at any time. This information on how to unsubscribe is also provided at the end of each newsletter.
By subscribing to the SHARE newsletter you give your consent that SHARE-ERIC stores and processes your personal data and, in particular, may transmit your full name and email address (as well as updates of these details) to the SHARE Country Teams at the national partner institutions of SHARE-ERIC for the purpose of transmission of the central and national SHARE newsletter.
Your personal data will only be transmitted to government organisations and authorities if this is legally required or for prosecution in the event of attacks on our network infrastructure.
Your personal data are not provided to any other third parties for any other purpose.
Data protection officer
For inquiries that relate to data privacy and data protection please contact the data protection officer of SHARE-ERIC (and the Max Planck Society):
Ass. jur. Heidi Schuster